We would like to draw your attention to the following job opportunity!
JOB OFFER: Business Development Manager Middle East
VITO is a leading European independent Research Center in the area of cleantech and sustainable development. A multidisciplinary team of 750 enthusiastic employees and PhDs works on innovative research programmes in our 5 topics (Energy, Materials, Chemistry, Health and Landuse) that contribute to sustainable technological solutions in projects for industrial and government clients.
In its future strategy VITO is focused on excellence, internationalization (within focus regions) and valorization of the research. The head office is based in Belgium and VITO has a joint venture in China. VITO realized a turnover of 140 million euro in 2014.
To support our international strategy we are now looking for a Business Development Manager Middle East to strengthen our team.
Business Development Manager
As the Business Development Manager Middle East you are responsible for business offering and sales. You will work in close collaboration with the related program directors and management in the Technology Units. You will report directly to the Director Middle East Operations and be based in Doha, Qatar.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- As a Business Development Manager you will contribute to the further development of the contract portfolio of VITO in the Gulf.
- Assisting the Director Middle East Operations in pioneering and ensuring that VITO gets a prominent place on the map in the Gulf Region.
- You co-define and initiate commercial strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market;
- You sell VITO research projects, knowledge and licenses and you look for new business models. You negotiate and help close deals;
- You monitor market trends and client needs to give relevant input for regularly reviewing the sales strategy;
- You develop and maintain a large network in the Gulf Region;
- You keep track of accounts in a CRM system and pro-actively plan actions and appointments.
- You have a Master’s degree in Aplied or Exact Sciences, Engineering or Economics.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in business development and you are able to sell research projects and licenses.
- You communicate on a regular basis with the Unit Managers and Business Development Managers at the VITO HeadQuarters.
- You have the necessary expertise to approach different sectors and you have an active network in the Gulf Region.
- Creativity and entrepreneurship are your key strengths.
- You have a customer oriented and commercial attitude and you know how to convince people.
- You have excellent communication skills and you are a flexible teamplayer.
- You are stress resistant and flexible (foreign trips, attending network events, even outside of regular working hours).
- You can meet and beat deadlines.
- You feel very comfortable with administration and planning.
- You have excellent writing skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of Arabic and Dutch is an asset.
- A position in an eminent client-oriented organization, in the area of innovative technology research and science-backed consulting.
- The opportunity to contribute to putting VITO on the international map as active knowledge provider and thus contribute to sustainable development.
- An interesting salary package complete with extralegal benefits.
Contact: Dr Walter Buydens, Director Operations Middle East VITO at